Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm such a fucking chick.

But holy shit do I ever love this song. This song makes my heart hurt about being effectively unmarriageable more than any Matthew Mcconaughey romantic comedy, mostly because I wanna be the dudette who gets to sing a sweet duet with a gentleman with whom I am also in lurrve...or at least in prolonged mutual tolerance with. Speaking of Matthews…Ms. Channandler Bong is not the same Matthew Perry(man Jones) as is credited for the male vocals on this track, but I really hope he makes the same terrible picture face.

I think that their voices go so well together and every time they sing in cannon or crescendo their honey-toned voices, a tiny bit of my cynicism dies and is replaced by a slight urge to buy a puppy calendar. This urge never lasts and is either replaced by self-loathing at having been thusly melted or a stronger urge to eat my weight in high-calorie junk food. But in real life, this song actually satisfies a lot of my favourite things about songs whose draw is its melody or lyricism: harmonies, accoustic, bearded musician....All in all, such a win.

Basically, this song is what I think should be playing at every anniversary for couples who make it longer than Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston. Not actually. But it definitely should have played during the final scene of The Notebook when the two golden oldies die together in the same bed. Yeah, I’ve also seen The Notebook. In case you weren’t aware, Ryan Gossling is partially naked in portions of it, and were that the case with Jersey Shore or even The Real and Desperate Housewives of Wisteria Lane, I would probably cave and watch those too.

1 comment: