Tuesday, July 26, 2011

a woman after my own heart

While she is a total dummmmb bitch for not visiting Calgary or indeed any of Western Canada in her upcoming tour of North America, she writes a mean lyric to pretty awesomely haunting melodies, and for that I will spare her life…by which I of course mean: still buy her forthcoming record when it drops in September.

These two songs are off of different albums, but I’ve been listening to them an offensive amount in the last little while; often back-to-back. If ever she releases a greatest hits album (which I hope she doesn’t because I don’t respect any artist that does), she should place these two tracks in succession. ..with Night Terror first followed by What He Wrote. Just like this:

(Guess how long I tried to formulate a good "that's what he said" joke with the above song title.)

Laura Marling is pretty dope in general and I can’t say that I can pick a favourite song of hers. These two have just been dominating the charts in my workforce playlist. So definitely check out all of her albums which will total three in September, all since 2008. Before this, she was involved in Noah and the Whale, another favourite of mine, though rather more upbeat.

Also, an added win: she is a total babe and asking no one to hit her, not even just "one more time" in order to sell records.

No comments:

Post a Comment