Monday, December 5, 2011

Settle the Fuck Down

Who wants to hire me as a reliable freelance writer; the kind who only summons the attention span and care to write once every three months on average?

Fair.

So, wutchu know about Kimbra?

She’s pretty fantastic and all of her music is to my liking and some of it is even to my sweet, sweet loving. Specifically, this (P)Diddy. And not just because it makes me feel like I could potentially make a living playing some pretty “advanced” drums while touring with this Kiwi babe of a songstress. Kimbra’s been rocking my foot underwear for some time now, and her recent feature on www.wearehunted.com prompted me to take a break from my super awesome, Celine Dion-heavy Christmas music. While ‘Somebody that I Used to Know’ is probably my favourite Kimbra-product, this song vies for first place pretty hard. Especially when I watch this video. It creeps me out in a way that I thought was reserved for Toddlers and Tiaras. In fact, most of Kimbra’s videos are completely amazing and totally add to the songs as wholes. I especially like her unapologetically white dancing and use of colour; two things I feel strongly about as a colourful white lass. I'm also a fan of the burning dolls, which is unique to this video - never liked those plastic, ringletted demons.

Kimbra looks a little like Katy Perry, which is a good thing. She even sounds a little like her, which I admit: I think is also a good thing; bitch can wail. Admittedly, her lyrics are much better than Katy Perry’s while still boasting a completely accessible and downright contagious beat. For this I demand that you pardon her lack of whipped-dairy product lactation and choose her for all of your uppity, chick pop needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment