Thursday, June 21, 2012

w-what's your fanta-ta-seee?

Skewing the stats and writing eveennnn less frequently....


But let's talk about how ahead of the Kimbra train I was with my December post. She really IS somebody that I used to know....now stop requesting that Gotye track and listen to the rest of his stuff. Thanks.

Tesla Boy.

Interesting name. I don’t get it, but that makes sense since you are from Russia.

      Hey, I really like your track Fantasy. In my mind it belongs in or at least from the 80s, so imagine my surprise when I read on the truthernet that you formed as a band in 2008. Whoaaa! This song makes me dance in that terrible way that the redhead that John Hughes loved so hard routinely did her her sweet teen flicks – the whitest way! Seriously, I heard this song and spent the better part of 5 minutes trying to place which super sweet Tom Cruise running scene or Highlander fight sequence this was featured in. The sad truth: none. I demand a remake whose soundtrack features thissss track, or anything by Tesla Boi.. That’s the thing to do these days anyway, isn’t it? Fucking Footloose... In the same way that bacon shouldn't be reheated, Bacon shouldn't be redone.


      This is going to be a pretty ineffective entry, because I don’t really know why I like this song. It’s not particularly catchy, I don’t think. But it stick, stack, stuck with me.  I do like that it is fantastic background music because despite the existence of vocals, they don’t wrench me away from whatever short bout of productivity I may or may not be endeavoring. This song mellows me. I felt I owed them a mention on my dormant music blog after noticing that they were logging mad replays this month on the soundwaves to my ears. Give it a listen. Explain to me the basis of its obvious but description-elusive appeal.

If nothing else fucking appreciate that one of the band member’s names is POKO COX. 

No comments:

Post a Comment